Bill Gates' Chem Secret

*Update - I see CJ beat me to it!

Buried deep within a recent NY Times Magazine article, a humbling reminder that not all knowledge comes easily to billionaire tech scions:
source: Microsoft
"Without prompting, [Bill Gates] recounted getting a bad grade in an eighth-grade geography course (“They paired me up with a moron, and I realized these people thought I was stupid, and it really pissed me off!”) and the only C-plus he ever received, in organic chemistry, at Harvard (“I’m pretty sure. I’d have to double-check my transcript. I think I never ever got a B ever at Harvard. I got a C-plus, and I got A’s!”)."
I can't help but draw a connecting line to one of my fictional heroes, as ChemBark noted.

O-Chem is hard. I guess I'm lucky it made sense to me.

Bài đăng phổ biến