Shrimp and Pasta in a Garlic-Lime-Cilantro Broth

Last week started my busy travel season - every week for the next 2 months, at least. But I was home on Sunday and felt like cooking so I whipped up an easy dish - shrimp for Jon, chicken for me.

My inspiration came from a dish I made a while back - Spicy Chicken and Linguine in a Garlic Lime Broth.

Ingredients
  • Pasta of your choice, cooked - I used capellini tonight. I used linguine in the original recipe.
  • 3/4 lb shrimp (or 1 chicken breast, chopped)
  • Spices - salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 tbsp tequila
  • 1/3 c chicken broth
  • Juice from 1/2 of a lime
  • 2 tbsp chopped cilantro

Directions

  • Coat shrimp (or chicken) in the spices
  • Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a saute pan
  • Add shrimp and garlic (if you do this with chicken, cook the chicken before adding the garlic). Cook until done.
  • Deglaze pan with tequila
  • Add chicken broth, lime juice, and cilantro. Bring to a simmer
  • Toss with pasta.

3 cloves of garlic for one person? In our house, yes!! This was so easy and was packed full of flavor. We both love lots of garlic, the flavors from chili powder and cumin, and the balance the lime and cilantro add to a dish.

Jon tossed his shrimp and pasta with roasted broccoli before I had a chance to take a picture, but this would be just as good on its own, without broccoli.

Bài đăng phổ biến