Sauteed Curried Chicken with Peppers


Another one of those nights of "what ingredients do I have on hand and what quick and easy meal can I make with them?"

Chicken, peppers, onions, garlic, and pantry full of spices and other staples. I remembered a dish I made and really like a few weeks ago, Sauteed Curried Beef with Broccoli. Let's try it with chicken!

I changed a few of the ingredients and the cooking method, and came up with this -

Ingredients

  • 2 chicken breast, sliced into strips
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 red onion, sliced
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 14.5 oz can low sodium chicken broth
  • Sliced bell peppers - I used a bit of red, orange, and green peppers (about 1/2 pepper each)
  • 2 cups rice, cooked

Directions

  • Heat oil in a large saute pan
  • Season chicken with salt and pepper; add to pan and cook 6-7 minutes
  • Add onions and cook 3 minutes
  • Add garlic, brown sugar, curry powder, broth, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
  • Add peppers; cover and let simmer 8-10 minutes.
  • Serve over rice

This definitely worked with chicken. I'll put this on the menu again when I'm looking for something quick and easy yet full of flavor.

Bài đăng phổ biến