Grilled Romaine

Lettuce, on the grill? Absolutely.

Grilled salads have become very popular recently. Or maybe they have always been popular and I'm just noticing them more. Either way, I have come to love grilled salads.

Last summer I made these grilled salad skewers. And a few months ago our friend made this grilled ciabatta bread salad for us.

On Saturday night I took a head of romaine lettuce, cleaned it, and cut it in half lengthwise. I trimmed off a bit of the bottom, being careful not to take too much off causing the leaves to fall off.

When I was ready to grill, I put some oil on the grill and threw the lettuce on for about 3 minutes on each side. I probably could have left it on just a touch longer.
I could have made a creamy dressing, but instead seasoned the grilled romaine with only salt, freshly ground black pepper, and balsamic vinegar. It tasted like summer! I will definitely make this again, but next time maybe with a Caesar-like dressing.

Bài đăng phổ biến