More Fish - Baked Basa


Tonight I planned on making barramundi for Jon and found this recipe (scroll down to the second recipe listed) for Baked Barramundi. When I got to the market, they didn't have barramundi, but they did have basa swai, the fish we made last week. And since I'm trying really hard to eat fish more often, I was happy to find something that I knew I liked.

I used the recipe for Baked Barramundi for the Basa.

Ingredients

  • One fillet barramundi (I used 2 basa filets)
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • Three cloves garlic
  • One fresh chili (I didn't have a chili, so I used a few shakes of red pepper flakes on each filet)
  • ½ cup fresh parsley (I used about 3 tbsp)
  • ½ cup fresh shallots (my market was out of shallots so I used 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion)
  • One fresh lemon
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • Cracked black pepper to taste

Directions

  • Lay a bed of foil in a baking dish and lay the fish on the foil (I put the filets on separate pieces of foil)
  • Cover with olive oil and white wine.
  • Spread minced garlic, finely chopped chili, chopped parsley and shallots on and around the fillet.
  • Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the barramundi and add some cracked black pepper.
  • Fold the foil around the fish and place in preheated oven at 375 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes.

The Basa is such a light fish without much flavor, so these ingredients worked perfectly. I served the fish over some rice and with a side of roasted asparagus.

Bài đăng phổ biến