Caramelized Chili Basa Filet


Our local market advertised a sale on basa swai this week, a fish I had never heard of but was interested in trying. I did some research and found out that basa is a Vietnamese white fish, similar to catfish. The market was carrying farm raised filets so we picked up 2 of them yesterday.


Since I'm still new to fish, I like to add a lot of flavor to almost hide the fact that I'm eating fish. I found this recipe for Caramelized Chili Basa Filets and it sounded interesting, especially since we love garlic and all things spicy. I didn't have sweet chili sauce, so instead of using both garlic and sweet chili sauce, I used some spicy chili garlic sauce.

Ingredients
  • 2 basa filets
  • Salt
  • Lemon juice
  • 2 tsp chili garlic sauce (original recipe called for 2 tsp minced garlic and 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce)

Directions

  • Line broiling pan or cookie sheet with foil.
  • Sprinkle pan with lemon juice and salt
  • Place fish on pan, and spread chili garlic sauce evenly over fish
  • Place under broiler on low for about 6-7 minutes.

Our sauce didn't exactly caramelize, but if we left it in any longer the fish would have dried out.

This fish was so delicate and flaky -

Although the sauce was just a bit much (too heavy) for a light fish, the flavors in the sauce gave the fish a good punch! We started dinner with a spinach salad, and enjoyed the fish with some roasted broccoli - a healthy and delicious dinner.

Bài đăng phổ biến