Calzones


It has been pouring rain for days so we had to cancel our plans to grill - we'll be doing that on Thursday instead. We both had busy days so I chose to make calzones with store-bought pizza dough. They were actually pretty good! Jon wasn't crazy about his but I think that's because I put spinach and ricotta in it (at his request), however he doesn't like ricotta...
Here is what I did:

- Saute onions, garlic, and spinach in a pan; add any spices you like. I added red pepper flakes, oregano, and basil.
- In a large bowl, mix the spinach mixture with ricotta and mozzarella cheese and a little bit of sauce.
- Roll the pizza dough out flat. I then cut it into 2 pieces (I probably could have gotten 3-4 smaller calzones out of it)
- Put about 1 cup of the mixture in the front center of the dough. Fold the back of the dough over the mixture, and bring the sides in; press seams tightly closed. I need some practice in making them look pretty!
- Bake according to the directions on your pizza dough; I did 25 minutes on 375. I served them with a side of pizza sauce for dipping.


I'll make these again, but next time I'll make them a little smaller and will try to make my own dough.

Bài đăng phổ biến